Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tattoo Tuesday


Hey there Marauders!! It's our favorite time of the week once again!!
For those of you who are new to the site here's a bit of background. Tattoo Tuesday was started by our good friend Tara over at 25HourBooks and celebrates our love of literature plus the people like us who are obsessed enough to ink something literary on their body! Every week we feature a literary tattoo that interests or compels us. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ink.

This week we have a tattoo from a Peter Pan lover. Padfoot is extremely jealous of this week's tattoo!

From LiveJournal:



"I spent my entire childhood being totally enamored of the story of Peter Pan. I read the original until the book fell apart, and I took in every single media representation of the Pan story I could find. This persisted into my teenage years, and I never really got over the magic of it all.

So today I started a Peter Pan themed tattoo. It's Captain Hook's ship The Jolly Roger, as depicted in the Disney movie version of the story. I know that Disney sort of bastardized the story, but it was the first exposure to it that I had, and I think that has to count for something.

We're finished with the outlines now, and in two months or so I'm going to get the colors all filled in. My artist is pretty amazing though, and I tend to think that she is able to make even in-between work look like finished designs. "


http://community.livejournal.com/literarytattoos/900205.html#cutid1




Alright folks, that is all for this Tuesday. Don't be too remiss, for we will return next and every Tuesday with a brand new literary tattoo for your viewing pleasure. We encourage every one to check out Tara's site as well, or even feel free to send us an e-mail with any tattoo's of your own!

2 comments:

  1. That looks pretty good... I like the tattoo as it is, just the black outline, although I'm sure it will look great with color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too...personally I'm a fan of just black tattoos, mainly text, but I love outlines of pictures too.

    ReplyDelete

You solemnly swear you are up to no good...